Hiking can be quite a challenge sometimes, from blisters and bruises to unavoidable weather disturbance and bug bites, hikers go through a lot of obstacles for the sake of the joy that they get from completing a challenge and getting close to nature. If you are looking forward to a perfect weekend activity than hiking seems like an obvious choice, you only need plenty of water, a solid pair of shoes, and a positive mind to enjoy so, get out in pure air, away from the flutter of the city, as it is a relief from a stress-full and a hasty life. It will help you disconnect with the technology and the outside world to simply enjoy the pleasure that comes with exploring nature. To explore the various benefits of hiking and to get deeply in touch with nature than you must go for trekking in Bhutan to experience some breath-taking views with some of the most beautiful yet challenging hiking trails. The fascinating thing about hiking is that it can improve your health in many ways. So, Hike More and Worry Less.
If you are looking for an exquisite yet demanding hiking trail than you should look no further because trekking in Nepal is what you should look for explore to get away from the bustle of the city and relax your mind, body, and soul. So, here are ways in which hiking can make you look healthier and happier.
1. Hiking Reduces Stress and Anxiety – Hiking can make you stress free, as it is considered the best method. Stress can take away your happiness. Luckily, there are many ways to eliminate stress, and one such practice is hiking outdoors in the fresh air. The breathtaking views, the sound of running water and crunching leaves under your feet can take away your stress because if you do something which makes you happy and free, it kills anxiety and depression.
2. It helps Shed the Kilos – Hiking can keep your body and mind healthy. Just an hour of hiking can make you lose a lot of calories depending on the level of incline and the weight of the rucksack you are carrying. Hiking is a perfect way to get an actual and powerful workout without the assistance of any equipment. Hiking not only changes your body, but also changes your mood, mind, and attitude.
3. It Builds strong muscles – Hiking builds and strengthens your body muscles, moreover, it works best on your glutes, hips, quadriceps, and hamstrings. And especially, if you are carrying a moderately heavy rucksack, improves strength and stamina in your body. Though it is not as effective as bench press, push-ups or pull-ups, however, it helps in building upper body stamina and strength. It is an intense exercise, which also forces you to use the core muscles from everything to lifting and balancing your body, which in turn means, it also strengthens the core muscles.
4. It Improves the Mood and Boosts the Energy – Being close to nature can automatically improve your mood, the hidden waterfalls, lush green surroundings, fresh air, beautiful landscapes, and wildlife encounters can help refresh your body and mind. Staying away from the traffic, busy schedules, and loud sound can be replaced by the natural beauty of nature which can help you to relax. Taking the time out for going on a hike will have a more positive impact on your brain than working out in a gym. Hiking helps in increasing your overall energy level and makes you feel more spirited and alert. So, why waste time, take time out from your wonderfully busy schedule to enjoy Mother Nature.
5. It Lowers the Blood Pressure and Improves the Blood Circulation – Hiking instantly improves the blood circulation in the body as it makes your heart beat faster which further oxygenates the blood and leads to better circulation. It lowers the risk of developing diabetes, strokes, and heart diseases by lowering the blood pressure by as much as 5 to 10 points. Hiking upwards and downwards, both has different benefits, but downwards hiking is more effective at eliminating blood sugar and improving glucose tolerance.
A fit body and a calm mind are basic elements of a healthy lifestyle. Take some time out to explore the benefits of hiking. So, if life gives you a mountain, put on your boots on and hike.
Hiking is a simple activity, which works on your body as an intense workout with lots of mental and physical benefits. Let’s explore different ways of how hiking makes your life happier and healthier.