Famous Forts and Places of Jaipur
Following as some locations that represent Jaipur at an international level for their famous historical importance. Also, all these sites were constructed by the Rulers of Jaipur. These are the priority sites under the Complete Jaipur Sightseeing Tour.
Amber Fort (Amer Fort and Palace)
- The Amber Fort was constructed in the year 1592 by Sawai Man Singh Ji I of Royal House of Jaipur.
- This fort is been used as Throne Residence by many of the Rajput Rulers of Kachwaha Clan.
- It is named as UNESCO World Heritage Site.
- Opening time & Entry fees of Amber Fort:
- Entry time of Amber Fort: 8 am to 4:30 pm
- Entry fees of Amber Fort: Rs 100 for Indian tourists, and Rs 500 for foreign tourists.
- The name Nahargarh is originated from Hindi Word Nahar means “Lions“.
- It was built by Swai Jai Singh II during his reign. This was completed in the year 1734.
- This place is famous for the Bird’s Eye view of entire Jaipur City.
- Opening time & Entry fees of Nahargarh Fort:
- Jaigarh Fort was built by Swai Jai Singh II for the Military Use.
- Here the royal army of Rajput Clan’s was kept and trained.
- The fort consists of Foundry where the Canons were cast.
- Also, the Worlds Biggest Canon – the Jaiwan is built and placed here.
- Opening time & Entry fees of Jaigarh Fort:
City Palace of Jaipur
- It is the Royal Residence of Maharaja of Jaipur.
- The place is located in the center of “Walled City” aka “Chardiwari“.
- Still Today, the royal family resides in the palace due to which the decorum of the place is maintained to a higher standard.
- It is one of the most expensive tourist locations in Rajasthan. For instance, the guided tour could cost you about Rs. 3000/- or more.
- It is one of its kind place built in the center of the lake Man Sagar.
- Jal Mahal is an easily visible location from the Amber Road.
- Tourist is not allowed to boat or enter into the lake due to safety reasons.
- No fees are charged here.
- Hawa Mahal is considered to be the most photogenic location of PinkCity.
- This major tourist attraction was built by Sawai Pratap Sigh Ji for the Royal Family Ladies.
- There are a number of windows, which were used to view the streets and markets.
- The architecture of this place was made in a way to keep the premise Cool and Ventilated.
- Also, you can visit the interior palace of the structure of paying small fees.
Historical Wonders of Pink City
In the above categories, we discussed some great sites which were once used as a residence for the royal house. However now we will discuss the locations that are quite important but were created for the state’s other uses. These are:
- Jantar Mantar is one of the four Astronomical Calculation sites built by Swai Jai Singh II.
- In Jaipur, the complex consists of 19 mass instruments that are currently being used to calculate the motion of stars and planets.
- This site gives you the scientific richness of Jaipur and its civilization over others.
Albert Hall Museum
- The structure of Albert Hall is Stunning and Call Tourist to take pictures with it.
- Albert Hall was built in the year 1887 and soon it was converted into the museum of world heritage.
- You can find the extents of Warfare Collectibles to an Egyptian Mummy on display here.
- The Paintings and Old Documents attracts the explorers to visit the place.
- It is the site of the cemetery of rulers of Kachwaha Clan.
- You can also find beautifully designed Chattries or Doms here.
- It is located near Amer.
Sisodia Rani ka Bagh
- Rajput Ruler Swai Jai Singh II commenced the work of Sisodia Rani ka Bagh for her Wife.
- It was built around in 1728.
- Also, the greenery around the place is gigantic and calls inner peace.
- It is situated in the downhills of Nahargarh and Amber.
- The Kanak Vrindavan is a garden created as a resemblance to the Krishna’s Vrindavan.
- Also, it is a must visited the place during the rainy season.
Major Temples of Jaipur
Govind Dev Ji Temple
- It is a major temple located in the center of the city near the City Palace.
- The temple is devoted to the worship of Lord Krishna in his Vrindavan Status.
- During Krishna Janmashtami people from all over the city gather here to celebrate the birth of Lord Krishna.
Khole Ke Hanuman Ji
- The temple is located on the edge of mountains near Jaipur.
- The famous Dal Bati Churma is the main cusines of the temple’s Prashad.
Sanganer Digambar Jain Mandir
- One of the most sacred Jain Temple of the world is located in the south of the city.
- The place is built in 11th Century AD.
- Jain’s from all over the world came here to worship “Sanganer wale Baba” here.
Other Notable Temples
- Moti Dungri – Ganesh Temple
- Birla Temple
- Shila Mata Temple – Jaipur
- Sanga Baba Temple
- Galta Monkey Temple
Book in advance