Modern yoga traditionally known as ashtanga yoga is a blend of traditional and vinyasa yoga poses which benefits the individual physically as well as mentally. To know more about the same read the following article.
Being a demanding workout, Ashtanga is also the most well-known yoga style. This traditional and vigorous style of yoga is a combination of vinyasa and static postures. It requires great strength and endurance to complete the entire sequence. In spite of being difficult to practice, people religiously follow ashtanga yoga style. The reason for the same is its amazing physical and mental benefits.
Apart from being a cleansing and healing yoga workout, Ashtanga yoga has some incredible physical and mental benefits. For the same reason, this yoga style is the preferred choice for the curriculums of yoga teacher training in India.
Let’s explore amazing physical as well as mental benefits of Ashtanga yoga:
• Reduces stiffness: A stiff body is prone to physical injuries that may have an adverse effect on the body. The amalgamation of vinyasa and static poses in Ashtanga yoga style helps in subsiding stiffness in the body. Regular practice of this style helps the body to open up which prevents the body from jerks while walking or any other physical activity.
• Boosts muscle development: The complex yoga poses of this style demands holding the body weight on your limbs. Practicing these poses on a daily basis will not only help in improving stamina, the strength of the core and body but also boosts muscle development. It also tones up the muscles in the body and helps in building physique.
• Melts fat: The energetic Ashtanga yoga involves repetition of its poses. This increases the body heat resulting in heavy sweating without any external factors. The increased heartbeat and blood circulation in the body hype the body temperature as well. These factors eventually result in melting the fat of the body.
• Elevates heart health: With increased heartbeat and blood circulation, the heart has to work harder to meet the body requirements. The heart pumps the blood with pressure and unclogs any blockage in veins and arteries. It not only reduces the risk of cardiovascular diseases but also maintains the blood pressure in the body. There are more ways to elevate heart health, join yoga teacher training in Rishikesh to learn about the same.
• Acuminates focus and concentration: While practicing breathing techniques in ashtanga yoga, one needs to synchronize breathing along with the movements. The synchronized breathing helps in enhancing brain power by acuminating focus and concentration. Increased focus and concentration of the mind helps in improving your performance at work. It also makes Ashtanga yoga beneficial for the students in the learning stage.
• Abates stress and anxiety: Increased stress and anxiety in the brain may lead to depression in severe case. Whereas, practicing Ashtanga yoga regularly improves blood circulation in the mind and body. This allows proper cleansing of the mind and helps you enter the state of mindfulness and abates stress and anxiety.
• Foster cognizance: Practicing the complex Ashtanga yoga poses foster cognizance in the mind and body. It alerts the mind to practice the poses without injuring self. Moreover, it helps you comprehend the reactions of the mind and body against the poses. This eventually helps in developing intuition and recognizing energy level in and outside the body.
These are just a few instances of how Ashtanga yoga helps you physically and mentally. For detailed learning of this traditional yet intense yoga workout, enroll for yoga teacher training in India. This course will help you learn the basics as well as the history of Ashtanga yoga and how it evolved over time and got the name as ‘modern yoga.’