Summary: Looking for an ideal way to achieve the healthy life goal? Plan a yoga retreat, we will tell you why.
The best gift you can give a yogi is a yoga retreat. A yoga retreat is more of an occasion rather just a holiday. Only a yogi or someone who has been on a yoga retreat can tell the difference between a regular holiday and yoga holiday. Most people love going to a yoga retreat not only because it helps them to connect with yoga, but also because it is an ideal way to achieve the healthy life goal.
For those, who do not agree or have never been on a yoga retreat will figure out the reasons why from the below discussion.
1. Gives You a Positive Mindset: A yoga retreat is probably the best place to unwind and reconnect with your true self. A yoga retreat is an opportunity to disconnect from everything, lead a healthy lifestyle by eating healthy, practicing yoga, pranayama, etc. and make friendship with people of similar interests. All this eventually clears up your mind from the strain, negativity, frustration etc. It attracts all the positivity in the body and makes you appreciate every moment of life.
2. Refines your body: While on a yoga holiday you are able to fill your lungs with purified air. Following a disciplined routine with contrast to your rough schedules and practicing yoga makes you feel lighter. It allows your body to be in sync with the nature for proper functioning of the body. Reduced stress and anxiety levels, better sleep, healthy eating all these cleanses your body. Even the cleansing mechanism of your body acknowledges the same and helps you maintain it.
3. Enhances your eating habits and quality: The stress in your mind makes you moody when it comes to food. You either tend to eat too much or do not eat at all which isn’t healthy at all. While you are on a yoga retreat you don’t have to worry about your food. The sattvic food actually helps you align your eating habits along with the quality. Moreover, fresh juices and detoxifying drinks are also part of this holiday. These drinks will not only keep you hydrated but will also help your body to detoxify.
4. Lets you explore other adventurous activities: Following same to do list for weeks makes you exhausted. But on a yoga retreat you are free to be your own boss. You may plan for combined activities with yoga. You can choose the activities as per the chosen destination. Someone who likes skydiving may plan yoga holidays in Thailand; if you like mountains then may be Himalayan yoga retreat etc. Combining yoga with other activities will make you break the monotonousness of your life and will help you explore the place.
5. Brings you closer to yoga practice: Yoga retreat is nothing without a good yoga practice. The practice lets you connect with your instructor for a deeper understanding of the self and the philosophy of yoga. In addition to this, it takes you a step ahead in your practice and understanding of yoga. It enables you to understand the importance of stages life.
6. Helps you get in shape: Yoga does help you in weight loss. But it also helps you in building muscles too. With right guidance of your yoga instructor, you may practice sequenced yoga postures. Generally, weight training is used to enhance the muscles of your body however yoga uses natural weight of the body to do the same. With regular practice of these yoga postures you can improve strength, flexibility as well as build muscles.
7. Detaches you from the digital world: It is hard to keep your phone or laptops aside while you are at work. But at a yoga retreat, give break to your digital world and enjoy with people around you. You may select a destination that is rich in culture, temples or mountains, wildlife, nature anything. This will help you connect with the new place, people, history of the place etc. All this will turn out to be more interesting than the habitual desire of checking your phone every minute.
A yoga retreat is definitely your gateway to a healthy body and a rejuvenated mind. In case, you are interested in something more intensive, opt for a yoga teacher training course. Yoga training in Chiang Mai Thailand is highly sought after by yoga enthusiasts owing mostly to the stunning locations and authentic teaching of the ancient science of life.